- I spent most of the weekend in bed and dragging my butt around being sick. Even a laughing and exploring toddler couldn't keep me alert. I was going to call in sick Monday but felt better rather suddenly Sunday evening and felt I was up to it. When morning rolled around, I was coughing so badly that I was gagging. I went back to my original plan, called in sick, dropped Miss B at daycare and sat on the couch for the remainder of the day. I tried to sleep but couldn't so I watched two chick flicks back-to-back and had some multi-grain pretzels to fill the gap. By the time Hubby and Miss B got home, I was actually tired of being in front of the t.v. If that's not well rested, I don't know what is!
- I did laundry early in the week. Not exactly the most exciting thing I could do for myself, but doing it during the week freed me of doing it this coming weekend. That means I have more time with Miss B, Hubby and little old Me.
- I indulged in cookies that my husband bought. Ginger cookies are one of Miss B's favourite cookies. Whenever hubby sees them for sale at the grocery store, he picks some up for her. I've been trying to balance my weight and stay fit but decided that one little yummy ginger cookie wasn't going to hurt. The second one didn't hurt either.
- I tapped the snooze button an extra time twice this week. It pushed my schedule back about 10 minutes which would normally make me late but I managed to catch up both days. In fact, I was actually early to daycare on one of the days. I don't know how that happened but it sure is a great feeling knowing that extra 9 minutes of sleep didn't mess up my day. It was so worth it!
If you haven't found the time to do something for yourself this week, make a point of it this weekend. Join the ME Challenge through Dolli-Mama's blog!

Too cute! I love the way you include hitting the snooze button ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you are over your illness! Not a good way to bring in spring! :(
ReplyDeleteI love that you looked at the bright side of getting laundry done early! Good for you! I agree 2 cookies is just fine! :) the snooze button is the best! Have a great weekend!
The snooze button is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI would say more, but my laundry is waiting for me. I did not plan ahead. Good for you!
I love weekends without laundry (it's my worst chore).
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling 100% again and if not, well, there's always your bed for you to sleep or read.