Friday, July 8, 2011

ME Challenge-The Kitchen

How crazy is it going to sound if I write that my spare time this week has been spent organizing and cleaning out the kitchen?  It would sound even more bizarre if I wrote that I loved every minute of it.  I absolutely love things in their place and can't stand it when things aren't in their place.  Hubby, are you reading this?

I'm on a mission to reorganize the house since it's gotten a little bit out of hand in the past two years.  Miss B, are you reading this?! This week, the focus was on the kitchen.  I had a blast wiping down the entire cupboards (inside and out), recycling items no longer of use to me and coming up with new solutions to maximize space.  I was a bit disappointed that some of my ideas didn't pan out but hopefully, I can use the material in other areas of the house.

In addition to fulfilling my obsession, uh, I mean, responsibilities, I have decided to take every Wednesday off.  That means that while Miss B naps in the afternoon, I do what I please.  Read a book, watch t.v., surf, bake, exercise, what ever I feel like.  It's fan-tas-tic!!  Not only is it necessary, it's practice for next year when I'm off on Wednesdays.

Summer is great so far!



7 comments:

  1. So glad you're enjoying your summer! And I am envious of your time spent in the kitchen! I have done little organization projects here and there...mostly out of necessity, to make room for all the girls' plastic cups and plates, for example. :) My last big purge was the spring before I got pregnant with the girls...just over THREE YEARS AGO now...which is WAY too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel good that is totally ME time to me!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I love having things clean and organized too. Sounds like a great way to spend some me time!
    Have fun on Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's me time for me too! Love it, P.

    I can't wait til I get free time to just organise. D kept the kids busy on Sunday morning for about 30 minutes and I tackled my sideboard - loved it! :)

    PS are we chatting tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from Blog Hop!

    http://mommateacherlady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this ME time idea! Last thing I organized was my closet...I had the best time!

    Enjoy your Wednesdays (and your organized kitchen).

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know... I LOVE reading comments!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.