Friday, November 25, 2011

ME Challenge

First of all, thanks to MandyE for continuing the ME challenge link-up.

I struggled to do something for myself this week.  I'm on this anti-candida diet that has me looking and feeling great but longing for sushi, chocolate and chips.  Oh, and let's not forget the wine!  All the good stuff is out.  So no Christmas-inspired coffee for me from Starbucks.

I spent two days at a conference on how to coach and mentor colleagues.  It was interesting as this is something about my role as curriculum leader that I really enjoy and would like to pursue in the future.  But here I am again focusing on others and how to help them be the best they can be while I leave myself out of the equation.

I'm also trying to put my creativity to good use by making some unique creations and selling them.  I was busy busting my butt trying out different materials this week so some of my work could be sold (hopefully!) at a craft show this weekend.  This is a test run for me to see how my work is received.  Every night I was twisting, cutting and banging wire.

I'm coming down with a cold.  This diet is improving my health so my immune system is improving.  My cold is not enough to keep me home from work but it's enough to slow me down in the afternoon.  Gross.

The evenings are spent with Miss B as she's still struggling with bath and bedtime.  She decided two days ago that she doesn't really need to nap or go to bed.  Much to her opposition, her parents strongly disagree!  The cuddling is lasting a little bit longer than usual but you won't hear me complain about that.  I love snuggling my little bunny.  Except that I tend to fall asleep right along with her and end up walking out of her room groggy and not at all interested in doing much of anything except flaking out in front of the t.v.

So needless to say, I didn't manage to carve out any ME time but that's okay.  That spa day I enjoyed last week could easily have counted for two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the craft show!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing it doesn't feel much like "me" time...much more of a chore, I'm sure...but it's awesome you're taking care of yourself and feeling great! I salute your willpower (and I will drink a coffee or two with your name on it [and turn the Starbucks logo on the cardboard insulator around just for you!]). :) :)

    I am sorry you're still struggling with bath and bedtime, but I'm glad you're able to see the bright side with those extra snuggles. Still, I know it's exhausting. My A went through a rough patch when she was about 20 months old - more so with naps - but it was terrible. It took a couple of weeks of holding firm to our routine, along with lots of cuddles and snuggles, to make it over the hump. Hope you'll be there soon.

    And I hope you'll post a picture of some of your craftiness!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know... I LOVE reading comments!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.