Five years. 60 months. 260 weeks. 1825 days.
That’s how long I’ve been married.
In that time, Hubby and I have had:
- One child (our darling daughter Miss B);
- Two pets (our beloved Sammy the cat and Tassia the dog-both passed);
- Three moves (from our apartment to our first house to our current house);
- Four arguments (just kidding! It’s more like 4 dozen...);
- Five vacations (from NYC to Florida for our honeymoon, 2 trips to the Dominican Republic, and 2 to Orlando).
Throughout all those years, months, weeks and days, there have been countless memories and wonderful moments filled with love. There have been difficult times when I questioned what would happen next. But through it all, the good and the sad, there has always been this unshakable feeling that this is meant to be. Him and me (and of course, Miss B).
On our five year anniversary, I want to celebrate the five things I love the most about being married to my Mr. Made-For-Me:
- He loves me and respects me for who I am unconditionally. He doesn’t always understand me but he respects me and loves me just the same.
- I like being around him. There’s no one else I’d rather be in love with or ride in the car with or weather the storm with.
- He tucks me in at night. Every night. I can’t sleep well if he doesn’t.
- He makes me laugh to the point of tears. He’s goofy, witty, funny and comical. The things he comes up with cracks me up.
- Knowing deep within my soul and my being that he is the guy for me, even when we argue or don’t see eye to eye. Of that, there is no doubt in my mind.
Today, we celebrate our five years, 60 months, 260 weeks and 1825 days of marriage. And I look forward to the next five, 60, 260 and 1825.
I’m still counting...

Beautiful post! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! :) :)
ReplyDeleteI second Mandy's comment! Very sweet indeed!! Congrats girlie!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on five wonderful years. Truly a match made in heaven ... enjoy every blessed moment.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your anniversary - gorgeous pic of the two of you!
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously? he tucks you in? Bliss...