Friday, March 25, 2011

ME Challenge

When I first started this challenge three weeks ago, I naively thought that it would be easy to do one thing for myself in a week.  I started with enthusiasm and had no trouble finding a way of spoiling myself. The second week of the challenge was Spring Break.  Again, I had no trouble doing one thing (or more) for myself.

Week three... not so much.  I went back to work after a week off, my mother-in-law came to watch my little one as my daycare provider is on holidays which threw me off my morning routine and I'm sick.  I actually completely forgot about the challenge!  Wednesday evening, it occurred to me that I hadn't done a single thing for myself all week.  I was too tired to work out, read or watch t.v.

I didn't want to give up on the challenge so I left the house a bit earlier Thursday morning and actually went and got myself a Starbucks Toffee Nut latte to enjoy at work!  This never happens. I'm never out the door early enough to make it to the drive-thru on time. I had every intention of enjoying it in my classroom before my students arrived but that didn't happen.  I ended up sipping it all morning long which was just as nice.

And, I got myself a Starbucks' Tiramisu Cake Pop just for good measure!  Yum!

  

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to eek out a tiny little slice of something for you, despite the circumstances. And I just saw those cake pops on the Starbucks menu...they look divine!

    I saw your comment on my blog about alone time with your hubby. What we finally discovered works for us is to go out for a late dinner, after we put the girls to bed. They're down by 7:30, so we can have a "house sitter" over and be at dinner by 8:00. I'm not brave enough to mess with our nighttime routine (i.e. have a sitter try to put them to bed), so that's a good compromise for us.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cake pops are so good! My son used to ask for a muffin when we pull into the drive through, but now he is all about the birthday cake pop.

    Some weeks it is hard to do one thing for yourself. I am glad you were able to make the time! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderfully yummy ME time! Good fir you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks SO YUMMY! Going to have to try one ASAP! :-) Awesome job finding some you time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for making sure to sneak in a little something special. There have been several weeks where I've realized that the week is slipping by and I've done nothing and have no plans to do anything special for myself and I just admit defeat. But a tasty treat is such any easy thing to do. I'll have to remember that for next time.

    Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well this week. I hope you're feeling better now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know... I LOVE reading comments!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.