I met Brea from Becoming Brea through one of my first blog hops and I am so glad I did. She's the mommy blogger friend I go to when I have questions (either about my blog or Miss B) and I know I can count on her. She's smart, honest, creative and down-to-earth. I'm continually amazed by her and her mothering skills. She's definitely a wonderful inspiration to me. It is my pleasure to have her write a post. Enjoy...
When I first heard the term 'onesie', I immediately thought of cute little snap suits that I could use to dress my little man. I quickly learned that (while it does mean a form of baby attire) 'onesie' meant only having one child. The difference between a onesie mommy and any other mommy is that a onesie mommy chooses to only have that one special someone. I LOVE that idea.
Right now, I'm a onesie mama. I'm loving my little man, Smalls, and all of his wonderful growth and development. Right now, I cannot imagine being any other type of mommy. I would be lying if I didn't say that I do hope to have more children someday, but I'm tired of everyone asking me 'when'. First of all, is it really any of their business? And second, I'll decide when (and if) I want a second child.
I am so tired of being pressured to pop out a family of 4, 5, or even 6 (that number includes myself and my husband, by the way) NOW. What's the rush? I would miss out on all of Smalls wonderful little nuances. For example, he's recently learned to make fart noises by blowing and spitting on my arm. It's HILARIOUS! Of course, I'm terribly proud that I have a fart-making, burping (his second favorite activity) little man.
I'm even more proud of the fact that eventually he'll start talking and walking (we're still using a walker, but he's making progress...and he is only 10 months). I don't want to be pregnant, tired, and caring for another infant and miss out on all that. And THAT, mamas, is why I'm a onesie mama...at least for now.
Thank you so much to Brea for the guest post. Visit her Facebook page by clicking here. Follow her on Twitter by clicking here. Read about her journey as a first time mom on her fabulous blog here.

Awe, shucks. Thanks for having me guest post, mama!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! This is exactly why my husband has always been insistent he only wanted one child (he was the third of 4 kids in his family) as he wanted to be able to devote as much of us as possible to enjoying and being a part of our child's life. I still sway between being totally in love with the idea of being a onesie mommy and grieving the dream I had as a child of a bigger family. But life events have changed my view and blog posts like this strengthen my understanding of how amazing being a onesie mommy can be!
ReplyDeleteSo thank you for sharing such a beautiful post!
Great post! I will agree it was so nice to have just our daughter for 8 years before "the boys" came along. They had no choice but to come in a pack of two, LOL. I think because we had her as a onesie, we like doing things with the boys one-on-one as well.
ReplyDelete