Friday, June 3, 2011

ME Challenge

This week, I did something for myself that I haven't done in a long time.

I went to see a movie with a friend.  It was wonderful!  We grabbed a coffee first and then went to see Bridesmaids.  Did we ever laugh!  It felt so good to be out with a girlfriend that I really could have watched the lamest movie and it still would have been a good time.

Being out was great for Miss B and Hubby.  They've been bonding more and Miss B will occasionally hang off Dada instead of me.  I've been getting a bit of break.  But, when it comes to bedtime and kissing bo-bos, Mama is still the one she turns to!


6 comments:

  1. That's a great me time....and you are right, she needs time with her dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone to the movies regularly since my college days. In the 10 years before the girls were born, Hubby and I probably saw one or two a year in the theater. Lately, though, I've really been wanting to go...something about closing yourself off from the world inside a dark theater for a couple of hours just seems heavenly! So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have not been to a movie theater in a very long time!! Hoping to go soon! Glad you got this special friend time and Miss B got her daddy time!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm jealous! I haven't been to the movies in ages (honestly, I've been waiting forever for a movie to come out that really made it worth it to pay the ticket price), and I SO want to see Bridesmaids. How great that you were able to go and see it with a friend. And how wonderful for hubby and Miss B to have special daddy/daughter time together. :o)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I really want to go see that movie too, it looks so funny! I'm glad you got to go out with a friend! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these ME challenges!

    (I commented under the guest blog about thanking you for visiting me. oops!)

    Oh well - I noticed that you went back to work early? I'm on leave until February (and hubby is a teacher and gets to be off with me for july/aug - yay!) - I also noticed somewhere that you are a French Teacher? - I am a grade 3/4 French Immersion Teacher. I love love love my job - but I am loving this new "teaching assignment".

    :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know... I LOVE reading comments!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.