- I will enjoy interrupted sleep for her and for me for the next three days;
- I will become a human kleenex till the cold is gone because it's so much better to wipe your nose on mama rather than a tissue;
- I will be showered with vomit because the coughing gets so bad she'll gag and throw up her dinner all over me. Not Dada. Me;
- I will likely miss a few days of work which would be nice if I were spending it on a beach somewhere. But, that's not the case.
- and, the likelihood (save me now...) that Hubby will get it too. It's tough enough with one sick baby. But, two?!
I'm starting to believe that these cold cooties are on steroids and not just inanimate surfaces. I'm tempted to wrap up Miss B in an anti-bacterial bubble on a daily basis. But then she wouldn't be able to play with her friends, her truck or her coveted soccer ball. So, what's a mom to do when the flu virus can be found on more than half of the surfaces in homes and in daycares?
You can:
a) hire a cleaning lady to sanitize everything before your kid or someone else's touches it;
b) invent that anti-bacterial bubble I was talking about earlier or;
c) move to a deserted island with no access to civilization.
I know what you're thinking... A cleaning lady is too expensive, a bubble is ridiculous and an island is unrealistic.
There is an easier way. There is something you can do. You can fight the cooties head-on. Show those cold bullies that they're not wanted in your house, your daycare, your car, on toys, etc... Moms, take out your plastic gloves and join the "Moms Against Cooties" campaign!
All you need are some gloves (bye-bye bubble), a bottle of bleach (so long expensive cleaning lady...) and 30 minutes (farewell deserted island) to disinfect surfaces and destroy most bacteria and viruses that creep around and take up residence in homes and daycare centres.
For more great tips, ideas and videos, follow Moms Against Cooties on Twitter, like them on Facebook or visit their YouTube page.
Now, if I can only figure out a way to keep boy cooties away from Miss B till she's 30, everything will be fine!
I did not receive compensation in any way for writing this post (unless you count the wonderful comments sent my way from Christina!). The opinions expressed here are mine.




So sorry girl!!! Since mine have always been home I haven't had to deal with these cold cooties!! I have always heard how hard the first year in daycare is.....not fun at all. Mine start preschool next week, so I am worried we will be sick every week! :( I hope not but time will tell!! Good luck fighting those cooties!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea... the doctor we saw a few days ago told us that in some ways, it's a good thing. She's developing a good immune system. Yeah... Great!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your little ones are off to preschool!! So fun...
New follower - great blog!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I hate cooties. It is true, though. Their immune systems are getting stronger. But it is NO FUN!
Good luck!
Betina
http://www.mommyladyclub.com
Oh that's tough! The joys huh? We were in the same boat but thankfully they start growing out of it as they get older.
ReplyDeleteThe worst is seeing them sick and the lack of sleep fir us!
Hope she's better soon!
I know what you mean! I think summer the summer colds are rough. I will say every time folks around here get sick, I break out the container of Clorox wipes.
ReplyDelete