Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Day Has Come...

I can't believe it.  I thought for sure it would happen one day but not today.

No, Miss B did not kiss a boy.

She did not poop on the floor.

She did not run out in to the street, eat Cheerios off the floor (that was months ago) or scream from the top of her lungs in public.

She...

She...

She pushed me out the door this morning when I dropped her off at daycare.

Prepare for meltdown.  What?!?

Yep.  Pushed me out the door.  Said goodbye, gave me a kiss and a hug and then pushed me out.  "Bye Mama..."

Nice.  I feel the love.  I actually giggled about it to myself all day.  While I was a teeny bit offended, I can't say I'm all that upset.  Clearly she loves her caregiver and can't wait to start the day with her.  She loves and respects our daughter and if that means I get pushed out the door in the morning, then so be it.

And for the record, I'll take Miss B giving me the shove out the door over her kissing a boy any day!  (ugh... that day will come too!)

5 comments:

  1. It is always easier on me when mine do the same. Molly went through a really bad time of crying every time I left and it was hard. Your baby girl is growing up...well not really, but you know what I mean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written...and this is great! I had to leave a screaming B with Miss Jennifer this afternoon (who comes over once a week for two hours). That definitely makes for a more stressful get-away. :) And glad to top it off that you were able to giggle about it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it funny that she did that because just two weeks ago, she would cling to me and scream when I left. Why the sudden change I don't know.

    @Andrea-yes, she's growing up!

    @Mandy-how did things go with your little one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your attitude on this! It is far better to get shoved out then clung on to! I'm happy she's so happy there.

    I'm wondering how Onesie Daddy is feeling about the boy kissing? My husband already has his bat prepared! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, like your hubby, mine has the speech and the bat ready to go. All of this before she was even born.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know... I LOVE reading comments!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.