I kept simple again this week. When I emailed Hubby at work to tell him I had a bad morning (Miss B woke up early calling for me leaving me not much time to get ready, I had a bad hair day, my neck was stiff, Miss B fell in the garage and banged her cheek and not one but two buttons popped from my blouse), he suggested I take some time to myself and go to my favourite home decorating store. What a great idea! When I mentioned this to a colleague of mine, she suggested we go get some coffee after work.
And just like that, I had a date with a friend. Spur of the moment, totally unplanned. So fun.
That's what I did for me this week.
You have yourself a good hubby....glad he got you to spend some ME time. Meeting the friend was the cherry on top!
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend is great!! :)
How sweet of your husband to suggest some time just for you. Sometimes an hour with a galpal is all you need to get your groove back.
ReplyDeleteHope it was fun!
xo
babymama
Sometimes those spur-of-the-moment indulgences are the best! There's no build-up...thinking...I'd better make the best of this time, as it's my only chance at "me" time this week (or whatever)...just pure enjoyment!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had fun, and at the end of a hectic day, at that! :)
Sounds like a perfect "me" indulgence!
ReplyDeleteIt's so improtant to have 'me' time! Good for you & nice of your husband to suggest.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to have a plan to do something nice or fun for yourself, but I do find the unplanned spur-of-the-moment ones are the ones that make be happiest. I guess it's because I didn't see it coming.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you got to indulge a little. Did you get anything at the home decorating store?
@reanbean... we didn't make it to the store. We stayed at Starbucks and chatted the whole time. I guess I'll have to make another stop some time soon!
ReplyDeleteAmazing how those little bits of time can be so wonderful! I found you through VoiceBoks and am now a follower!
ReplyDeleteYankee Texan Mom
I concur, you got yourself a good fella! Window shopping even can be fun!! I, myself, love a good cup of coffee....tastes better when you are with a friend!
ReplyDeleteI wish my hubby would let me have downtime! I "just" got him to wash sippy cups on a nightly bases. LOL.
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog, now following you back! Such a cute baby!
I love those spur of the moment dates :)
ReplyDelete